Mar 30, 2013

Review: Tiger's Quest, by Colleen Houck

Series: The Tiger Saga #2 
Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them.






Source: The Book Depository
didn't like it it was ok it was ok liked it liked it
4.5 stars
              

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES.

This book has been sitting on my shelf for quite a while now, so I decided Spring Break was the perfect time to read it! Great book!

Interesting plot: 2/2
I think this book had a much more interesting plot than the first book in the series. First of all, Colleen Houck developed a world very carefully, that unlike many other YA books, you can actually how well thought out this was, with the legends and myths, to learning about different cultures. I like that as Kelsey is learning in the book, the reader is learning, too. I liked the fact that a main character was taken away almost at the beginning of the book, and another one came in to blow the readers away. Kishan and Kelsey's adventures went above everything I was expecting from this book. If you want a nice read, with adventures that actually make you feel you are there with them, I recommend this book to you.

Characters: 2/2
In Tiger's Curse I absolutely loved Ren and Kishan, and sort of disliked Kelsey. In this book, one character completely takes the spotlight, and I'm talking about Kishan, who in this book proved himself to be a sensitive, complex character that not only made Kelsey doubt her feelings, but also made me doubt mine. He's daring, very attractive, and has a soft side of him that makes the reader see the true man before the bad guy facade. Kelsey grew on me with this book, and a lot of people called her attitude 'clingy' at the end of the book, but I sort of get why she feels that way. I would, too.

Pace: 1.5/2
 Tiger's Quest had a good pace, but almost every adventure scene to me happened just too fast. I wish they'd last longer, to seem a bit more realistic, and not make the characters seem almost invincible. They got hurt, yes, but succeeded in a just a few pages.

Writing style: 2/2
Colleen Houck's style is very interesting and easy to read. She's sarcastic at times, and I think her division of character dialogue's and description of characters is very good. She's consistent with her writing from Kelsey's perspective  and picking up a second book from her and recognizing her writing style and character's voice was a very good sign.

Recommend it? 2/2
Yes! I liked it even better than Tiger's Curse! Read that one first, though, hehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total site visits