Jan 25, 2012

Review: Clockwork Prince, by Cassandra Clare

By Andrea

★★★
Book Summary from Goodreads:
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
Review: (Might contain spoilers!)
When I first started getting obsessed with The Mortal Instruments, like a month ago, this book was about to come out. I read everywhere about it, and everyone seemed so excited… and I can’t believe I doubted why they were.
Like I said in my previous review, I didn’t enjoy Clockwork Angel as much as I thought I would, but if I had to choose one book by Cassandra Clare to be my favorite, I’d definitely say this one! It is one of the most heartbreaking, adorable novels I’ve ever read. It had me reading non-stop, and hanging on to the book as if my life depended on it.
So let’s get started. I have to confess, I didn’t like Will in Clockwork Angel.. at all. Yes, I thought he was hot, yes he’s BRITISH, and yes, he just seems perfect, but his attitude ruined it all for me. Well, Clockwork Prince proved me wrong. He had his reasons to be that way, and as we get to know him even deeper, I fell in love with him. Jem was my favorite character in CA, but this book had me doubting which side I was on. I can’t choose over two perfect characters!
This books has so many twists and turns it leaves you breathless; we’re left with questions about Tessa’s past, and it’s all so exciting. I’m going to be honest with you, I can’t cry over a book. I never had, don’t know if I ever will. And it’s not that I don’t love them, I do! I absolutely adore books, and there are some that I love fervently, but I can’t cry or show any emotions while reading them. Well, ask my dad, I was laughing with this book, and not crying, but tears stung behind my eyes with a few scenes! UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE! Scenes with Will and Tessa, scenes with Jem and Tessa, hell, scenes with Henry and Charlotte got me to almost cry.
Miss Clare, you will be the death of me! She writes romance in a way that makes me hug my pillow so hard. And normally I don’t like characters that are torn between two guys (or girls), just because I think that’s ridiculous, but to me, Tessa is completely justified and I get her completely. 
But overall, I loved it, absolutely and completely.
P.S. Oh, and by the way, one thing I didn't like was that every time Tessa kissed someone, the boy's lips were describe as "being soft"... EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Buy it now:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total site visits