Mar 26, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess, by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Infernal Devices #3
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy
Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.



Source: Amazon Kindle Store
didn't like it it was ok it was ok liked it liked it
                     

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES.

CONTAINS SPOILERS- I HAVE TO VENT, SORRY!

SO MANY FEELINGS! I waited so long for this book to come out, read it once I could finally find it, and now I just wish I could read it all over again without knowing what will happen!

Interesting plot: 2/2
The plot was amazing! I didn't expect anything like this, I think Cassandra Clare has one of the brightest minds to have ever existed. I thought the beginning was very sweet, but kind of slow... I don't know, but after halfway through the book, it just killed me! So many unexpected thing happened in so little time! And then just when I thought my emotions could not take any more blows, there comes the epilogue that basically shattered my heart. It was perfect, just the way I wanted it to end, before even knowing what I wanted. I know a lot of people hated the ending, because of how she ends up with both, and a lot of people think Cassie did it just to keep the fans satisfied, but I was extremely happy with it, and it came very unexpectedly, but very naturally as well. I think I should've guessed something like that would happen, not because of Cassie, but the character's personalities. And here's a quote I found on Tumblr from Cassie that keeps my mind at ease:
If there was an afterlife, and Will was watching Jem and Tessa, he would be chanting Dear God, just get together already!
Cassandra Clare

Characters: 2/2
Can I just...UGHH.... Jem, Will, Gideon, Gabriel, everyone!
Cassandra Clare did not only make me fall in love with basically every male character in this book, but it was so heartbreaking to say goodbye to them all. I cried like crazy for the last half of the book. How can someone write a character that is so hard to let go of? She made us create attachments with these characters that I will never forget. Sounds corny, but this series will be in my heart forever, I truly think so. It was an amazing experience, to read about and join these characters in their adventures. Also, I'm attaching my favorite castings for the characters:

  • Tessa Gray
  • Jem Carstairs

  • Will Herondale

By the way, I have no idea who this is! If you do, please let me know! He's perfect for Will!


  • Charlotte


  • Sophie


  • Gabriel Lightwood


  • Gideon Lightwood




Pace: 2/2
I don't think it's even important to mention how much this book kept me hooked. It's a book by Cassandra Clare, that basically comes with a guarantee that you'll finish it in no time. It had the right amount of action, romance, peace that was needed. Perfect balance. This book is the perfect example of how you write the ending to a series. 

Writing style: 2/2
There are no words to describe the amazing writer Cassandra Clare is. Her writing stye is amazing, keeps you hooked and flows flawlessly through the pages. It seems incredible how she managed to write the perfect love triangle. I truly hate them, in most YA books, because I know there's one the main character has to end up with. But NO, Cassie wrote a complicated love triangle that brought a happy ending to all of the characters, in one way or another.

Recommend it? 2/2
READ THIS SERIES NOW! You'll have your heart broken, and will feel hollow for months, but it will be worth it!

Now, to finish off, I leave you with a few GIFs accurately describing how I felt, and still feel at the moment.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total site visits