May 2, 2012

Weigh on Wednesday (1)



Weigh in Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren over at Epilogue Review, where we discuss one thing vs. something else, and we say  view on it

This week's topic is: Books vs. E-book


Andrea's opinion: 

Hmm.. this one's hard. Well, not that hard but I feel bad when I prefer something else over my Kindle :( It's been so good to me.

Okay, so to start off... I live in Mexico. So, 1. We don't get books the day they're released, and 2. We get them like TWO years later, unless they're really, really popular, and 3. They're in SPANISH. I don't dislike reading in Spanish, but it's just so weird. Most of the books we get here are translated in Spain, so obviously the Spanish is a tad different, but also the Spanish people use in books is like fancy Spanish. I would never, ever talk like that. So, if it was written in English, I prefer reading it in English. If it was written in Spanish, I prefer reading it in Spanish. Simple.

So, basically, the story of my Kindle is that I once went on a trip with my dad to the U.S... And I sort of brought back with me about 15 books.

So obviously my bag weighed like a thousand pounds... So, basically we stopped at a Target and bought a Kindle that was on sale, and he said "This is so that you read everything on here, and do not buy any more print books". He, he, he. I might've ignored that last part a tiny bit.


Don't get me wrong, I adore my Kindle. It's been so awesome having one, I've been buying books all the time, I can get Amazon bargains, etc. BUT... Just going into a Barnes & Noble, or Target, or Wal-Mart... I can't ignore print books. I just can't. They're too beautiful to ignore. Seriously. I went to Target and saw Embrace by Jessica Shirvington and The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan, I couldn't ignore their beautiful beautiful. And when I went on Goodreads and saw they actually looked pretty awesome.. well, I bought them.

So all in all, I love my Kindle, I think it's one of the greatest things that exist, BUT I very much prefer a print book, only because one of the greatest pleasures of reading is holding a book, and changing pages, and smelling the book...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total site visits