May 16, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (2)


Weigh in Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren over at Epilogue Review, where we discuss one thing vs. something else, and we say our view on it


Todays topic: Love Triangles Vs. Insta-love


My answer: 

Ok, I'll be honest. I'm a sucker for love triangles. Seriously. But not if they exist for too long. Like, let's say Jace, Clary and Simon from The Mortal Instruments. That love triangle exists for a while, but then it sort of fades away.. *SPOILER ALERT* and he finally ends up with Isabelle.. hopefully they'll stay that way. But then we have others like Jacob, Edward and Bella from Twilight, and that love triangle DOESN'T DISAPPEAR! oh, my gosh, I hated that one! I mean, it does disappear at the very, very end of the series, but ughhh it was so annoying.


And I don't really like insta-love. It makes the relationship and the whole plot seem completely unreal. And I like books that make me feel that what I'm reading is real, you know? It's hard to explain. But let's take Patch and Nora from Hush, Hush. They fell in love in like 3 minutes! (Maybe that's just me, because I read the book in about 3 hours). But I didn't like that at all! It's actually one of the reasons why I gave up on the series.

So, to sum it all up:

LOVE TRIANGLES FOREVER!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total site visits